Digital Harvey Maps have been released...
We are delighted to announce the addition of digital Harvey maps to our product range starting with a collection from their acclaimed "British Mountain Maps" series. For more information please visit our Topo Maps page or the digital Harvey maps range on the RouteBuddy store.
RouteBuddy is the only modern, advanced digital desktop map application for Windows and Mac OS X*.
The application sports a universal toolbar for both operating systems and features are comparable throughout.
- Use with any of RouteBuddy's high resolution Road and Topo maps.
- Ability to view your waypoints, routes and tracks on Road, Topo, or Satellite Imagery.
- State-of-the-art animated layer technology.
- Easy planning and management of geodata, Waypoints, Routes or Tracks.
- Detailed route editing
- Route statisitics and elevation data.
- Route Maps, Route Cards and Route Card file export
- Plug-and-play GPS support.
- Create a library of your GPS activities and safely backup all of your valuable data.
RouteBuddy is a multifunctional mapping application which can seamlessly layer road, topo and satellite imagery maps providing you with an all-round experience unrivalled by any other software. It is not just a road map application, and not just a topo map application... it does it all!
Note: RouteBuddy software is for Windows or Mac OS X not iOS Devices
Please visit the Atlas page for our iOS software
Maps included with the demo software:
- Road map of Santa Fe
- USGS Topo map of Yosemite Valley
- OSGB Topo map of the Afan Valley
- IGN Topo map of Lac du Salagou, France
Click on the link to the right, download the time unlimited demo software to try before you buy and also to test your GPS devices
Both Road and Topo maps can be used with RouteBuddy for Windows and Mac OSX.
Only Topo maps can be used with Atlas for iOS devices.
RouteBuddy Digital Map Products
- Tom Tom Road Maps for North America and Europe - for Windows and Mac OS X
- Harvey Maps - Acclaimed walkers maps for popular areas of Great Britain - for Windows and Mac OS X, and iOS
- IGN France - Départements, les Régions Administratives, des Régions du Grand d'intérêt, la France complets, les DOM-TOM - for Windows and Mac OS X, and iOS
- Ordnance Survey Great Britain - for Windows and Mac OS X, and iOS
- USGS Digital Topo Maps - for Windows and Mac OS X, and iOS
Get more from your RouteBuddy digital topo maps
An added bonus of buying digital Topo maps from RouteBuddy it that they will also work with RouteBuddy Atlas for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. RouteBuddy Atlas is our free app available from the iTunes store.
Experience RouteBuddy for Windows or Mac OS X for yourself
It's simple, easy and free to try out RouteBuddy in Windows or Mac OS X
- Download link the software and install on your computer.
- Try adding and editing waypoints routes and tracks using the free demo data.
- Try loading free waypoint, route or track data from the web.
- Connect your GPS device and safely download and back up all of your valuable data.
- iPad, iPhone or iPod touch users can easily back up their geodata from RouteBuddy Atlas.
RouteBuddy for Mac is a 64-bit Cocoa application, and uses Apple's advanced technologies such as CoreLocation and CoreAnimation to provide a fluid user interface that uses some of the latest features available in Mac OS X.
RouteBuddy for Windows uses technologies such as LocationServices or Taskbar progress animations to take full advantage of the latest features in Windows 7.
Whilst both versions are backwards compatible with previous OS versions, Mac OS X (Leopard and Snow Leopard) and Windows (XP and Vista) we have put our support behind the new and emerging geospatial technologies from both Apple and Windows. RouteBuddy, as cross-platform digital map software, now offers power and features beyond any other competitor in the global market-place.
From being the leading digital map application on Mac OS X, we now bring the same features, power and flexibility to millions of Windows users. Although RouteBuddy is now global, multi-platform, digital map software we do acknowledge that there are several existing applications on the Windows platform that, congenitally, suffer from overriding feature-bloat, as well as suspended development; Whilst RouteBuddy's customers on Mac and Windows can now enjoy the power and flexibility inherent in our software, which extends beyond what these traditional programs can offer, our development is dynamic, and we will be bringing carefully thought-out, and useful, new features to both platforms, and at the same time on both.